Welcome to the Varnish Trac
The Varnish Project uses a Trac - an integrated wiki, bugtracker and source browser. In the Wiki we try to document stuff that is work in progress. Proper documentation is in the official docs.
The quality of the content in the wiki varies. Reader discretion is advised. Consult the docs when in doubt.
- Varnish User Day (VUG) happens twice a year.
- Varnish (Core) Developer Meeting (VDD) happens every quarter.
Trouble, Errata and things you should know
- Future_Feature Ideas for new features
- Future_Performance Performance concerns
- Future_ESI ESI processing ideas
- Future_Tools Tool improvement ideas (-log, -stat, -ncsa etc)
- Future_VCL VCL improvement ideas
- Future_VMODS ideas for future Varnish Modules
- Future_Protocols protocol suggestions
- Future_Usability Usability issues/features
- Future_Logging Suggested new logging API and query language
- Future_Documentation Suggested new documentation structure
- Main documentation site.
- VCL Examples, small snippets for doing common tasks.
- The Varnish Book's Online Reference and PDF download.
- VTLA, VTLA documentation
- A collection of ways to use varnishlog
- VCL.BNF grammar for VCL
- varnish-software.com is our commercial sister-site
- VMODs Directory is an up-to-date list of existing and maintained Varnish Modules and Extensions
- Utilities Directory is an up-to-date list of available utilities in the Varnish Cache ecosystem
- Debugging Varnish
- Performance tuning of Varnish and the underlying OS
- Installing Varnish from source code
- Developer resources
- Accelerating Wordpress with Varnish
- Varnishing over Drupal
- Varnish over Windows (with Cygwin DLL)
- Patchwork (patch tracking system)
- Countdown for Varnish 4.0
About this Wiki
To keep spammers abay you have to get a magic bit from us to edit this wiki. We're quite happy to hand these out, just ask.