a single varnish, multiple sites, and a probe for each

Dan dan at retrobadger.net
Thu Oct 13 12:23:41 CEST 2011

I am trying to setup varnish to allow for a healthcheck on each site
even though multiple sites are on the same server. This would mean that
if one sites probe.php failed, the other sites wouldn't go down (unless
their probes also failed). I have tried to get started on this, but am
finding it hard to get a reliable solution, I am thinking that if each
site has it's own directer, with the director pointing to the same
backend, then this should get the director to only fail if it's site is
down

This assumption is of course not working, so I am trying to work out
why, and whether there are any docs on this.  I have posted this onto
the forum, but was advised that this may be a better place to post.  I
have attached a link to the forum where there is also some code snippets

Link to forum post: https://www.varnish-cache.org/forum/topic/166

thankyou,
Dan