Varnish drops connections and make several HTTP 206

Kacper Wysocki kacperw at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 23:36:58 CEST 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Tollef Fog Heen
<tfheen at varnish-software.com> wrote:
> ]] Kacper Wysocki
>
> | setting send_timeout lower does make this problem more frequent for me
> | and setting this higher makes it less frequent, but why exactly are we
> | hitting the send timeout here? doesnt make sense to me.

> Because our implementations of TCP timeouts is not completely correct or
> complete.  You could try https://gist.github.com/1275251 and see if that
> makes for more happiness.

Oh, who knew. So if you set the timeout to 10s then it will kill
transfers at 10 seconds?

I could try patching the version string to 3.0.2 or do you mean there
is some change in 3.0.2 that attempts to make more happiness?
:-P none of this is very intuitive. So far I've bumped the timeout and
so all I can pray is that
 1) clients have enough bandwidth to complete any file they are
interested in within the timeout, and
 2) noone thinks of slowl0ris'ing me considering my whacky timeout value

:-P 0K