Varnish Thread_Pool_Max. How to increase?

Rubén Ortiz ruben.ortiz at itnet.es
Thu Mar 3 16:18:57 CET 2011

Hello

Firstable my Varnish version

varnishd (varnish-2.0.4)
Linux Kernel 2.6.18-028stab070.14

I'm really new to Varnish. I want to configure it in my way, tunning some
parameters but I don't know how. I have this setup:

DAEMON_OPTS="-a :80 \
        -T localhost:6082 \
        -f /etc/varnish/default.vcl \
        -u varnish -g varnish \
        -w 100,2000 \
        -s file,/var/lib/varnish/varnish_storage.bin,2G"

Theorically, with -w 100,2000 I'm telling to Varnish to increase its
defaults values for thread_pool_min,thread_pool_max and yes, when I check
stats with param.show I can see the changes. Previously, I have reboted
varnish daemon.

But How can I increase thread_pool_max? I was able to change in admin
console, but when I reboot service, the param backs to its default config
(2)

Thanks people!

  <http://grupoitnet.com/images/firmas/grupo-itnet.jpg>
Rubén Ortiz Administrador de Sistemas
Edificio Nova Gran Via
Av. Gran Vía, 16-20, 2ª planta | 08902 L'Hospitalet de Llobregat (Barcelona)

T 902 999 343 | F 902 999 341
www.grupoitnet.com <http://www.grupoitnet.com/>