Connections dropped under load

Cosimo Streppone cosimo at streppone.it
Mon Jan 10 22:01:46 CET 2011

In data 10 gennaio 2011 alle ore 21:53:58, George Georgovassilis
<g.georgovassilis at gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Hello Stefan,
>
> For every of the commands you quoted I'm getting an
>
> connect(): Invalid argument
> Connection failed
>
> Why are threads relevant? As I wrote earlier, everything is answered
> from within the varnish cache - I thought the entire epolling parade was
> about avoiding caches.
> I published the threadsettings earlier in this discussion.

Even more specifically, you could check your
threads limited, overflowed requests and dropped requests counters
in varnishstat.

If under test load you see them increase steadily,
that means you probably have too low "thread settings".

--
Cosimo