I've let the hordes loose on the wiki

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 3 10:54:16 CET 2011

In message <AANLkTineXbz+8+G4j++48gVhawKX98Jp8pw8T3hdHhzS at mail.gmail.com>, Per
Buer writes:

>The naming of the vcl function seems to keep them at bay. Either that
>or you've been deleting accounts faster than I noticed them lately.

That helps a lot, but notice that probe accounts still get through.

Once the probers find out that they can deface the wiki, the "howto"
lists will be updated with the answer to write in the VCL challenge
and we're back to square one.

The challenge prevents the scripted attempts, it will not prevent
the spammers who pay "call-centers" to do the job.