Hostnames in backend definition...

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Tue Dec 13 18:52:39 CET 2011

Oh.  I did actually have a suggestion, just forgot to give it.

Spin up yet another piece of reverse proxy software that -can- do dns
lookups, and make that your backend on localhost, and point it to ELB.

I haven't tested this (that is, I dont know what software would handle DNS
right - I have tested pound, haproxy, and varnish.  We use nginx, too, but
only to localhost - maybe I can get a chance to try a dns update test).

I've heard good things about perlbal, despite it's name, particularly with
regards to dynamic reconfiguration...so that's one possibility.
http://www.danga.com/perlbal/

If you do find one that works for you, let us know? :)

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html