New challenge for Varnish!

zabrane Mikael zabrane3 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 09:11:21 CEST 2010

Hi Rob,

I don't think that's going to be possible with a pure VCL approach.  Can you
> give us a better idea of exactly what you're trying to achieve, as there
> might be a simpler / more Varnish-friendly way of achieving what you're
> after.

To make it simple, I'd like to store for a document A, all its raw headers
(both request and response) for later processing.
A cron job will collect them (i.e these stored files) and send them to a
complex analysis system.

You can certainly use varnishlog to see the full headers for a given UUID

I'll give it try!

but the body content is more difficult.

Is there another way to achieve that?
Maybe by using some C to implement a callback for handling raw "request" and
"response".

Regards
Zab