Release schedule for saint mode.

Ken Brownfield kb+varnish at slide.com
Fri Jan 29 20:16:04 CET 2010

On Jan 29, 2010, at 3:54 AM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> It should be.  You'll lose the last storage silo (since that's not
> closed yet), but older objects should be available.

This might be the source of the confusion.  How often are silos closed?  My testing was simply "hit the cache for a single object a few times to increase obj.hits, bounce varnish, next request was a miss".  If I can get a handle on how often silos are closed, I can more accurately check the behavior under production load.

> Can you see if you can reproduce and post a varnishlog -1 when the child
> has restarted as well as after having restarted the parent?

Will do, thanks.
--
Ken