best varnishd config for static files

Kain Sascha s.kain at eraffe-media.de
Fri Apr 24 15:28:22 CEST 2009

Thanks a lot for the great Hints.

First of all, varnishtop -i TxURL hangs on my system, it shows 3-5 Entries,
then freez and uses nearly 100%cpu on one of 8. Have to kill the pid.
varnishtop with no args works.

System:
2.6.18-6-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jun 16 22:30:01 UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux
varnish:
varnishd (varnish-2.0.4)
Copyright (c) 2006-2009 Linpro AS / Verdens Gang AS

Here is our Answer-Header, so we provide the max-age.

Cache-Control max-age=2592000
Vary Accept-Encoding
Expires Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:14:47 GMT
Content-Type image/jpeg
Etag "857407780"
Last-Modified Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:35:52 GMT
Server lighttpd/1.4.20
Content-Length 1392
Date Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:19:59 GMT
X-Varnish 623951818 451344757
Age 2131515
Via 1.1 varnish
Connection keep-alive

Thanks again for your hints

best

Am Freitag, 24. April 2009 14:21:52 schrieben Sie: