HEADSUP: regsub() changes in -trunk

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Fri Jun 20 16:29:11 CEST 2008

Previously Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Those of you running -trunk should take note of this commit if
> you use regsub() in your VCL.
>
> I apologize for this kind of disruptive change, but the replacement
> syntax was badly chosen and I needed to fix it before 2.0

This and the changes from
http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/changeset/2739 are not reflected in
vcl(7) yet.

Do you expect the VCL to stablize with the 2.0 release? It is a bit
painful that you need a different VCL file for 1.0, 1.2, 2.0-tp1 and
2.0-after-tp1. There are tools (such as plone.recipe.varnish) that try
to gnerate a VCL and that is becoming quite painful by now.

Wichert.