Using Range requests with cached files

Oliver Oli oliver.oli+0815 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 22:28:37 CEST 2008

Hello,

how does varnish handle Range request? I'm getting varying results.
Sometimes it seems that a Range request is delivered from the cache,
sometimes it seems that varnish is receiving the whole file from the
backend first and sometimes it serves the whole file completely
ignoring the Range header. I cannot see any pattern in varnish's
behaviour.

Does vernish support the Range header at all?

I'm using the default.vcl from the debian package (built from the 1.2
branch) with "set obj.ttl=30d" in sub vcl_fetch.