Flash Range header workaround?

Oliver Oli oliver.oli+0815 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 11:49:43 CEST 2008

Hello,

I haven't found any user manual on the Varnish website... it seems to
me that varnish is quite flexible, but i don't know where to start.
Any pointer to some documentation / tutorial is welcome.

I have a simple use case:
I would like to request a partial document from a Flash movie [1].
Unfortunatly the "Range" header is blocked by flash. I wonder if I can
use Varnish for a work-around. like rewriting

http://varnish.localhost/mysong.mp3?range=10000-30000

http://backend.localhost/mysong.mp3
and a "Range: bytes=10000-30000" header

or rewriting some custom "X-Oli-Range: " header to "Range: "

Is Varnish able to cache partial documents?

- Oli

[1] http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/thread.jspa?threadID=21377&tstart=0