varnishtop ranking

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Jun 5 11:37:27 CEST 2008

In message <d2b26bf0806050225g5f3fd06dhe7546457dffcc593 at mail.gmail.com>, "Riham
 Aldakkak" writes:

>The varnishtop displays a list of most frequent logs .... It displays 3
>columns: 1 representing the frequency , the Header & the value ...
>What does this frequenct represent ? The number of repetition of this log in
>the shared memory , for example , or what exactly ?

It's an exponential decay of the frequency of arrival if I remember
right, think of it as a "bogo-frequency".

If anybody can come up with a better method/metric, I'm all ears.

Varnishtop was just something I threw together in 15 minutes it never
got the love and attention it really deserves.

And it would make great starting point for hacking varnish code.

(he said knowingly, nude, nudge, wink, wink, ya'know what I mean ?) :-)

Poul-Henning