Springtime for VDD ?

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Fri Apr 13 20:16:05 UTC 2018

On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 9:00 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> A bugwash or two ago we talked about having a VDD "soonish",
> did anybody do more about that ?
>
> Does anybody want to do more about that ?

As I'm going to be away while the VDD is being organized, I'm dumping
here the topics I'd like to cover for the September release (this is
also a reminder for my future self).

First, actionable items I can/wish to deliver. I have discussed each
with at least one developer from VS and a VDD would be a good time to
quickly present them (as they are quite small in scope) to the rest:

- selinux
- extensions to the VSL query syntax
- (some) performance improvements for VSL consumers
- client side latency

That's in no particular order. If I can't make it to the VDD I'll
either start one thread for each on this list or bring them up during
bugwashes. As those have already been discussed, they shouldn't take
much time to cover. This is more about getting an OK before working on
them now that they have been fleshed out.

There's another topic I'd like to present around connection pools,
only to figure whether I'm not alone thinking this is a problem, and
also figure out new problems it could create. Once again if it doesn't
land on the VDD's agenda I'll either start a thread, open an issue or
bring it up during a bugwash.

Cheers,
Dridi