An Official Varnish Docker Repository

Federico Schwindt fgsch at lodoss.net
Wed Jan 6 01:10:12 CET 2016

Hi Eric,

It's good to finally see a docker image from the community! That said,
personally if the image is official I'd expect it to be done by the people
running the project.
Call me paranoid but I'd feel more reassured knowing it's coming from the
same source. OTOH, I don't see any issues having a non-official image for
anyone to use.

Regarding the Dockerfile itself, as you are aware since Varnish 4.0 you
don't need the sources to build VMODs.
If a VMOD still requires the sources it extremely likely it won't build
with 4.0 and having the sources won't change that.

BR.