[master] d771942 Hide backends and directors implementation details

Dridi Boukelmoune dridi at varni.sh
Mon Aug 24 11:48:28 CEST 2015

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Federico Schwindt <fgsch at lodoss.net> wrote:
> As I mentioned to Dridi I'm not too thrilled about this.

As I told Federico, I may have rushed this change yesterday, but my
fear is that I'll spend the week running after the white rabbit.

> This pollutes cache.h and causes artificial breakages. I'd prefer, if we
> really want to do this, to take the _int.h approach.

My take on this is that I don't care breaking stuff on a major release
that already breaks other areas.

If there's a better place for the public APIs (maybe vrt.h) then let's
move them there.

> I also had a chat with Martin not so long ago and one of the things that
> came in that discussion is the possibility of installing all the includes.
> This is a step backwards from that.

As I also told yesterday, that may make things seemingly simpler, but
I think it would be even more confusing wrt what you could actually
use or not.

Best,
Dridi