Via

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Mar 19 22:06:43 CET 2014

In message <5329BA2D.6030704 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writes:

>	Via: 1.1 varnish (v4)
vs.
>	Via: 1.1 varnish (Varnish/4)

I really don't have an opionion at that level of detail...

>Other than that: should we respect the rfc
>
>* in that we _add_ to any existing Via (which we don't atm)?

We append a Via header, if there is one already, that will come
first, and I belive Via is one of those headers where you should
process all to get the valid result.

Obviously, we can append to an existing Via header if we want
that instead, but that would make it harder to remove just the
Varnish Via again in VCL.