varnishctl?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Jan 27 15:50:36 CET 2014

My feeling is that I have a hard time seeing the clear difference
between the two in practice, and consequently I question why we
would need or want two different tools.

I don't particular care if the name is -adm or -ctl, but if we're
going to add a -ctl, -adm should be renamed to something which
more sensibly reflects what it does (-cli ?)

As for the sanity-check, varnishd has no present '-c' argument
and that could trivially be made a variant of -C which doesn't
dump the C source code.