what is the ttl?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Aug 28 08:57:59 CEST 2014

--------
In message <53FEC893.5060401 at schokola.de>, Nils Goroll writes:
>On 27/08/14 21:19, Per Buer wrote:
>> I'm not sure if the term "maxage" is crystal clear (also because it is used to
>> denote relative time in Cache-control)
>
>I actually think the term "maxage" is good because it is identical
>to CC max-age

which is exactly what makes me uneasy about the name, because they are
not the same thing, and we don't update one from the other.

Btw, mildly related to this:  Long time ago we talked about being able
to work on sub-parts of http headers:

	if (INT(beresp.http.cache-control.max-age, 0) > 1200) {
		set beresp.http.cache-contro.max-age = 1200;
	}

We may want to reconsider this before we write too intricate VCL