rdbms as backend

slaweuk slaweuk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 19:18:03 CEST 2013

On 1 Aug 2013, at 17:52, Marcin Krol <mrkafk at gmail.com> wrote:
> So the only thing I'd have to do to achieve nirvana would be making
> databases translate their result sets into JSON and make them
> available over http. Which eventually we have to do anyway at some
> place (lots of different clients, can't rewrite and upgrade them all
> anyway on version change of mysql from X to Y).

Hi Marcin,

There are some projects already covering this subject:

http://code.nytimes.com/projects/dbslayer
http://code.google.com/p/mod-ndb/
http://www.slashdb.com/
http://jersey.java.net/
http://restsql.org/

I would also consider adding HAProxy behind the Varnish to support more complex proxy configurations (also better insights in connections metrics).

Best Regards,
Slawek