How to store per-session director data / VSLP director design

Nils Goroll slink at schokola.de
Fri Mar 26 12:03:48 CET 2010

Hi Poul-Henning,

>> I've written something I would like to call the "Varnish StateLess Persistence"
>> (VSLP) director: It generalizes some aspects of the hash director and something
>> I've written before (but not published).
>
> Don't you overlook the fact that the active VCL may change between
> two requests on the same session ?

Hm. At this point I don't understand what I'd need to consider regarding a
change of the VCL. The current implementation clears sp->director_sess wherever
sp->director is cleared, in other words between requests. If there is anything
else I have overlooked?

As the question of where to put the per-director session state is the one which
I am least happy with at this point, I would really appreciate if that was
answered before publishing the code (which I definitely will do).

Thank you, Nils