Backend polling not working

Izak Burger izak at upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed Oct 14 21:42:58 CEST 2009

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
 > Yes, if we get no bytes, we do not accept it as a good probe.

Yes, saw that in the svn logs, and I agree with it.

 > You may need to customize the HTTP request used for probing with
 > the ".request =" line in your backend probe definition, in order
 > to explain things to your backend.  A Host: header maybe ?

I had the same thought, so I took the request as captured with the
packet grabber and tried it against zope using telnet, and it produces
the required result. That in itself is perhaps a hint, I think the
telnet client inserts the correct CRLF sequences which might not be
immediately apparent.

Also, if read(2) returns zero it means EOF, so the problem must somehow
be on the backend. I'll reply again on this thread if I manage to figure
it out.

regards,
Izak