Dropping some mailing lists?

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at linpro.no
Fri Jan 9 13:37:26 CET 2009

(Please reply only to -misc so we don't end up with a zillion copies of
this all over the lists.)

Hi,

we currently have very many mailing lists:

varnish-announce  	Release announcements and other important news.
varnish-bugs 	Bug reports go here.
varnish-commit 	Commit messages go here.
varnish-dev 	Discussions regarding Varnish development.
varnish-dist 	Discussions regarding Varnish releases and packaging
varnish-misc 	Discussions on miscellaneous topics relating to Varnish
varnish-test 	For testing purposes.

At the same time, we don't have that much traffic, so having a total of
seven mailing lists seem a bit excessive.

I suggest we get rid of -dev, -dist and -test.  -announce and -misc will
be kept as discussion lists.  -bugs and -commit will continue as
trac-to-email lists (i.e. not discussion lists).

Comments?

--
Tollef Fog Heen
Redpill Linpro -- Changing the game!