Bug? Barage of hits leads to failure creating worker threads / stats tracking

Ray Barnes tical.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 21:10:48 CEST 2009

Bret,

Thanks for the reply - that appears to put us (perhaps) a little closer.
I'm assuming for the moment when you said "init script" that you meant the
script I use to call up varnish and not the script that boots the box as per
/etc/inittab.  When I specify "ulimit -s 1024" it did not change the net
result of varnish's inability to create threads:

         192  N worker threads
         424  N worker threads created
          62  N worker threads not created
However the C program I posted previously in this discussion was able to
create 3055 threads.  Hope that helps.

-Ray