Bug : Assert error in exp_timer() | (graph analysis)

Benjamin Sonntag benjamin at octopuce.fr
Tue Dec 16 09:09:18 CET 2008

Hi,

following-up of the same bug (the main issue seems to be "child not
responding to ping, killing it.")

I found that there was a spike in the netstat statistics during the
crash. (in fact, the "established" connexion number always grow up until
varnish crashes)

At the following url, you will found the cache during 3 crashes this
week, and the netstat at the same time (thanks munin)

http://benjamin.sonntag.fr/download/cache1b-varnish_usage-week.png

http://benjamin.sonntag.fr/download/cache1b-netstat-week.png

I hope it may help finding a solution (I keep searching, I will be in
the source again at the end of the week).

Maybe a network connection freeing procedure is missing somewhere.

regards,

Benjamin Sonntag