Varnish statistics

Cryer,Phil Phil.Cryer at edwardjones.com
Mon Oct 15 21:29:07 CEST 2007

Is there a tool, other than varnishstat, that I can use to show hits,
misses, etc of a session?  When we demo'd Squid we used the Cache
Manager CGI, and while it was clumsy, we could show results from one IP
and know how it did, caching wise.  I'm looking for something in Varnish
I can do that with, so far I've been doing a fresh run, then running
'varnishstat -w 1000' and then just copying the output from the
terminal.

Also, this project is aimed to help speed up the response time of a
Stellent CMS backend, so far Squid is 3.21 times faster than not using
cache, and Varnish is 19.68 times faster!

Thanks

Phil Cryer
IS - Linux Administrator
Desk 5-6987

 If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments), or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you no longer wish to receive e-mail from Edward Jones, please send this request to messages at edwardjones.com.  You must include the e-mail address that you wish not to receive e-mail communications.  For important additional information related to this e-mail, visit www.edwardjones.com/US_email_disclosure