Support Cache-Control no-cache/private as per RFC2616 ?

Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) rudd-o at rudd-o.com
Tue Nov 20 12:30:50 CET 2007

Do you really need to snap at contributors, Dag-Erling?  I happen to agree
with him in the sense that pulling Varnish (VCL or *not*) in the direction of
a complete standards-compliant configuration-free smart Web accelerator is a
very good idea.

The grandfather poster may be a bit misguided as to what standards Varnish
would need to comply to, but your comment would have easily been more
constructive if you just had limited yourself to the Edge mention.

And, of course, you are already publicly aware of my position regarding the
matter.

An idea: We need a matrix (OK, a nice table) or a decision tree of what
actions Varnish should take by default, given a set of requests and content
of varied freshness degrees.  Once that work is done, moving VCL (and the
default VCL config) in the direction that will allow us to actually produce
that decision tree, should be much easier and clearer.

--

	Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) <rudd-o at rudd-o.com>
	Rudd-O.com - http://rudd-o.com/

Now playing, courtesy of Amarok: Voodoo & Serano - Blood is pumping
So this is it.  We're going to die.