This VCL compiler thing...

Anders Berg andersb at vg.no
Mon Mar 13 10:55:14 CET 2006

They satisfy me.

Line, Pos and errortype.

If I am not mistaken getting more "humanreadable" error's is just a matter
of spending alot of time in the C code, without really changing the logic
of your parsercode and testing iteration after iteration? If that is the
case, I say move on :)

Anders Berg

At 10:43 13.03.2006 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>In message <1420.193.213.34.102.1142093353.squirrel at denise.vg.no>, "Anders
>Berg
>" writes:
>
>I know some people are quite religious about error messages, so here
>are a couple of samples from the VCL compiler:
>

>         Unreferenced  function 'request_policy', first mention is
>         Line 8 Pos 4
>         sub request_policy {
>         ----##############--
>

>         Unknown variable 'obj.bandwidth'
>         At: Line 88 Pos 12
>                 if (obj.bandwidth < 1 kb/h) {
>         ------------#############------------
>

>         Assignments not possible for 'backend.down'
>         Line 88 Pos 25
>                 set backend.down = 1;
>         -------------------------#---
>

>         Expected action, 'if' or '}'
>         Line 88 Pos 8
>                 backend.down = 1;
>         --------############-----
>

>         Syntax error at
>         Line 80 Pos 13
>                 fetch@;
>
>Is that livable ?
>
>--
>Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
>phk at FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956
>FreeBSD committer       | BSD since 4.3-tahoe
>Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by incompetence.

Denne fotnoten bekrefter at denne e-postmeldingen ble
skannet av MailSweeper og funnet fri for virus.