draft spec

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at linpro.no
Mon Feb 20 16:59:05 CET 2006

Here's a dump of what we've written down so far:

http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/wiki/VarnishSpecDraft

Please let me know if there are any glaring mistakes or if something
seems to be headed in the wrong direction.

I'd like to make one comment regardint the Components section - the
various components are not necessarily separate threads, they're just
distinct functional units, some of which may be implemented as threads
with message passing or work queues while others are simply APIs.

Oh, and we haven't started talking about management or logging, so
this is all in the main Varnish process.

What I'd like to do tomorrow and on Wednesday is try to cover as much
ground as possible without going into too much detail; we can save
that for when Poul-Henning is here.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav