Release

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Aug 7 19:22:18 CEST 2006

In message <ujr1wrsa4cz.fsf at cat.linpro.no>, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgra
v?= writes:

> - Portability: mostly the following issues:
>
>     - printf() extensions

These are now only used in the vcl compiler which defines the %T
extension.  This should hopefully work fine with GNU libc as well.

>     - srandomdev()

Any good seed is acceptable.  It's just to avoid the XID starting
from zero every time (for any value of zero).

>     - <md5.h>

I've been thinking of using a more lightweight hash anyway.

>     - strptime()

This can be unrolled at some expense in source code.

>     - vis() / strvis()

This is used in varnishlog to make sure that Debug records don't
trash the screen with binary stuff which might leak through.  Again,
that can be unrolled.