Varnish 4.0.0-TP2 released

Lasse Karstensen lkarsten at varnish-software.com
Thu Jan 23 15:16:03 CET 2014

It is my pleasure to announce the immediate availability of the second
technology preview release of the upcoming Varnish 4.0.

This release includes a set of bugfixes that has been found by members of our
excellent community of users and developers in the 1-2 months since TP1 came
out.

Changes from TP1 are described in the doc/changes.rst file in git, available
on:

    https://www.varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst or [1]

Tarball of the new version can be found here:

    http://repo.varnish-cache.org/source/varnish-4.0.0-tp2.tar.gz

Please consider testing this new version to find the last few bugs, so we can
do a 4.0.0-RELEASE sometime this winter. Debian and Redhat packages will be
prepared shortly.

Some administrativa; I will be replacing Tollef Fog Heen as the Release Manager
for the Varnish Cache project. I'm excited to participate in the development of
such an awesome software as Varnish is.

1: https://github.com/varnish/Varnish-Cache/blob/master/doc/changes.rst
--
With regards,