Varnish 3.0.0 released

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Fri Jun 17 00:30:34 CEST 2011

It is my pleasure to announce Varnish 3.0.0 – our best release so
far. There are lots of changes with the most notable ones being:

* Module support through VMODs.

* Compression and uncompression support, including stiching together
  compressed ESI fragments.

* Preliminary streaming support, both on miss and on pass.

* Much improved documentation.

* Better default values for parameters.

* Varnishncsa now has custom log format support.

* Varnishlog, varnishncsa and varnishhist can now filter out records
  that match multiple expressions.

This is just a short summary of all the changes, please see the
changelog for a fuller list.  Please note that VCL has changed in
backwards-incompatible fashion, but please see the changelog and
documentation for more details.

Enjoy!
--
Tollef Fog Heen,