- Using Varnish Tools to visualize your most popular content We just love it when our customers use our products in innovative ways that really help them create business value. One of the most recent examples of such use is how our customer vg.no. (Norway’s most popular internet news provider) is using Varnish Tools in combination with D3 to visualize their most popular online content. 2014-03-07T14:04:04Z
- Setting client.ip in Varnish VCL with libvmod-ipcast I’ve written a new Varnish 3.0 VMOD called ipcast. It has a single function; ipcast.clientip(ipstring) which sets the internal Varnish variable client.ip to whatever IPv4/IPv6 address you give as the argument. You need this if you want to do ACL checks … Continue reading →
- Varnish and Node.js While working with a client installation they wanted to run Varnish in front of their node.js powered site to eliminate having node serve the static assets. Socket.io uses HTTP/1.0 and cannot be cached. Minimally these few lines can be added to their respective functions and things will work. Obviously you’ll want to set expires on […] 2013-07-18T18:39:58Z cd34
- libvmod-cookie; simpler cookie handling in Varnish VCL I’ve written a Varnish module (VMOD) to simplify handling of HTTP cookies in Varnish VCL. In essence it does the usual stuff you’d usually do with regular expressions, but with much simpler syntax and readability. It works by parsing the … Continue reading →
- Varnish receives the Global Hot 100 Award Varnish Software was honored to receive the Global Hot 100 Award at The World Summit on Innovation & Entrepreneurship (THEWSIE) in New York last Friday. 2013-10-14T12:58:08Z
Thanks for #VUG8 in Berlin!
Commercial support from Varnish developers is available.