different object hashed for firefox and chrome

Laurence Rowe l at lrowe.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 01:25:41 CEST 2010

This is almost certainly the result of a Vary: Accept-Encoding header
on your response (Chrome, Firefox and IE all have slightly different
Accept-Encoding headers). See
http://varnish-cache.org/wiki/FAQ/Compression and add the snippet to
normalise the Accept-Encoding header in vcl_recv. You don't normally
need to customise vcl_hash.

Laurence