Release schedule for saint mode.

Ken Brownfield kb+varnish at slide.com
Tue Apr 6 00:41:43 CEST 2010

FYI, continuing in Varnish 2.1 persist does not offer persistence across a parent restart (via process restart, process crash, or host crash).

I do understand that there is some benefit to persistent storage in the case of the child crashing.  But in any situation where I could not survive the child crashing (origin spike), I couldn't survive the parent bouncing, either.

To me the difference between file and persist is academic; am I missing something either in the implementation or the intent of this feature?

Thanks,
--
kb