Notice: locking SHMFILE in core failed: Resource temporarily, unavailable

Christer Solskogen solskogen at carebears.mine.nu
Wed Jul 8 07:41:33 CEST 2009

I'm getting this notice whenever I (re)start varnish on FreeBSD 7.2
(amd64). Varnish runs and works as I would expect, so is it harmless?

shine# grep varnishd /etc/rc.conf
varnishd_enable="YES"
varnishd_listen=":80"
varnishd_config="/usr/local/etc/varnish/shine.vcl"
varnishd_storage="file,/data/div/varnish,60G"

Notice: locking SHMFILE in core failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

shine# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/varnishd restart
Stopping varnishd.
Starting varnishd.
storage_file: filename: /data/div/varnish size 61440 MB.
Using old SHMFILE
Notice: locking SHMFILE in core failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

shine# pkg_info | grep varnish
varnish-2.0.4       The Varnish high-performance HTTP accelerator

--
chs