Varnish 3.0.0 beta 2 released

Tollef Fog Heen tfheen at varnish-software.com
Tue Jun 7 13:09:35 CEST 2011

We are pleased to announce the second beta for Varnish Cache 3.0.0.
Our focus over the last month has been polish and getting ready for the
3.0 series.

Some of the changes from beta 1 include:

 * documentation updates, particularly for the standard VMOD.

 * varnishncsa now ignores piped requests, since there's generally too
   little information for us to do anything sensible with them.

 * the VCL compiler is now stricter in enforcing no duplication of
   backends or probes.

 * the «stats» command has been removed from the CLI interface as it did
   not work well with the new dynamic counters.

 * VCL now has vcl_init and vcl_fini functions that are called when a
   VCL is loaded or unloaded.  This can be used for initialising VMODs.

In addition to various bug fixes and other improvements.  Please see
http://varnish-cache.org/trac/browser/doc/changes.rst for a fuller list
of changes, and the more in-depth review of the changes on
http://www.varnish-software.com/blog/

The release can be downloaded from
http://www.varnish-cache.org/releases/varnish-cache-3.0-beta2

--